LOVE YOUR BODY BETTER: 2 MEXICAN DIPS

00:27:00

Wether you have a girls night planned, are ready to spend the night on the sofa with your love or you just need something to bring to a party that is not yet another bag of chips, these dips may just be perfect for you. Instead of store bought Guacamole or Salsa, these dips have only a hand full of ingredients, no additives, sugar or any other bad stuff.
I absolutely love mexican food and have it at least once a week. Both of the recipes are very quick, vegan and easy and I hope you enjoy these!
As always if you make one of the dips please, please take a picture and use the hashtag #loveyourbodybetter on Instagram and Twitter, so I can look at what you have made and feature you in my roundup post.


Salsa:

If you are one of the lucky people with a food processor this is absolutely easy peasy, if you don´t then it´s a little more chopping, but still not too bad. You can also add garlic, but I ran out. I know coriander is not everyone´s favourite so if you don´t like it leave it out, as you see you can just easily twist these recipes to your liking.
The salsa is best after a day in the fridge and lasts for about 4 days. 

Ingredients:

2 tomatoes
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 red onion
1/2 lemon a squeezed lemon
fresh coriander
salt & pepper

1. Chop the onion, the bell pepper and the tomato into little chunks.
2. Finely chop the coriander.
3. Squeeze the juice out of the lemon.
4. Now mix everything together and add salt and pepper to liking.
5. If you have the magic food processor give the mixture a spin in it, if not then you are already done. 



Guacamole:

There are a thousand recipes for the perfect Guacamole, but this is mine and you will just need three ingredients! Other people like to add onions, coriander or garlic, but I keep it simple. I love this as a dip, on toast, with chips... I make it almost every day and that should tell you a lot!

Ingredients:

1 Avocado
5 Cherry tomatoes
1/2 squeezed lemon
Salt&Pepper

1. Mash your avocoado with a fork.
2. Cut you cherry tomatoes into quarters.
3. Mix avocado and tomatoes and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper to your liking.



You Might Also Like

3 Kommentare

  1. I saw many posts featuring guacamole lately, but all of them used avocado in some way. Gotta be honest here: I really hate the taste of avocado. Do you think there is anything else I could use as a base? I want to make and enjoy cool dips, but the avocado thing is killing me :(

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I love Mexican food so much! It's so delicious!
    Your dips look yummy.
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Wow das sieht echt super lecker aus!! Werde ich definitiv mal ausprobieren. Liebst, Vanessa

    AntwortenLöschen

Thanks so much for your lovely comments, constructive criticism and suggestions. I will try to answer all of you!

Subscribe