FOOD: VEGAN PUMPKIN PASTA

14:26:00

Guys it´s autumn! I can´t really begin to put into words how excited I am for my absolute favourite season and for cozy days, candles, soups, colourful leaves... I am literally smiling just thinking about it. With changing seasons I also change the things I eat going from green smoothies to oatmeal and Iced Lattes to the infamous PSL. One of my absolute favourite autumn foods is pumpkin and if you are currently going: "Bitch me too, the fuck? You ain´t special!" this post is for you.
I have already made pumpkin soup twice in the last ten days and I will probably not stop it anytime soon, but seeing that I do live by myself and soup made from an entire pumpkin is going to last a while in this household no matter how much I eat, this is my way of reusing your soup for another amazing dish: pumpkin pasta.


Ingredients

1/2 pumpkin (I like Hokkaido because don´t have to peel it #lazygirlcooking)
250 Gramms of pasta
1/2 red onion
400 Gramms of mushrooms
10 sun-dried tomatoes
A handful of arugula
Pine nuts
Salt, pepper and oil

1. Boil your pumpkin until it is tender (about 15 to 20 minutes) and your pasta until it´s al dente.
2. Chop your onion and your mushrooms.
3. Sauté your onion in oil until translucent, then add your mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Cut up your sun-dried tomatoes.
4. Drain your pasta, drain and blend your pumpkin.
5. Add your pasta to the pan with the mushrooms, pour in your pureed pumpkin and add your sun-dried tomatoes. Stir until everything is evenly coated in your pumpkin sauce, let simmer for a bit. Season with salt and pepper
6. Roast your pine nuts until slightly browned.
7. Plate your pasta, top with fresh arugula and the pine nuts.

If you try this recipe please let me know if you liked it and tag me in your pictures on Instagram or Twitter (@solske) :)

You Might Also Like

3 Kommentare

  1. Liebe Celine,

    ich liebe den Herbst vor allem wegen seiner Kürbiszeit. Pasta esse ich sowieso total gerne, das ist vielleicht so ein Studentending, aber ich denke, es gibt kaum einen Menschen, der Pasta nicht mag. So ein Zufall, dass ich gerade nach einem guten und einfachen Pastarezept mit Kürbis suche. Da kommt mir dein Rezept genau gelegen und ich werde es definitiv ausprobieren.

    Liebste Grüße
    Lisa
    http://www.mycafeaulait.at

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I will try out this pasta since pumpkins are abundant and very cheap right now! I will try to look for the variant you used so that I don't have to peel too. Pumpkins are a pain to peel! :(

    Angelie // Beaute Spell Lip and Cheek Tint Review

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. This pasta looks to die for 😍

    Cheers
    www.icecoldsilver.com

    AntwortenLöschen

Thanks so much for your lovely comments, constructive criticism and suggestions. I will try to answer all of you!

Subscribe